Extra large fov binocular

The place to discuss telescopes, binoculars, CCDs and other equipment

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

jeff.stevens

Re: Extra large fov binocular

Post by jeff.stevens »

Mike, your record keeping is very impressive and incredibly well organised. That's a wealth of information you have kept. How lovely to look back on.

Best wishes, Jeff.
michael feist

Post by michael feist »

"Just a local lad who likes making lists" was how I described myself when I put together my camera obscura archive when I worked for Foredown Tower. Lists of Camera Obscuras, Lists of Time Balls. Lists of Sundials. Lists of Eclipses seen, Lists of Eclipses clouded out, lists of comets seen, lists of birds seen, lists of wild orchids seen...A bit obsessive perhaps... Perhaps even Lists of Lists made. Order out of Chaos. Regards mike f.
brian livesey

Post by brian livesey »

My Copitar binocular wasn’t a zoom type Mike, it was a 10X50 spec, probably made in the 1970s, bought on a flea-market for a song and unblemished.
Alas, I mounted the binocular on one of my homemade binocular mirrormounts ( one of four I’ve made ), but it wasn’t securely attached and came crashing down on to a hard surface. R.I.P. Copitar :roll: .
brian
jeff.stevens

Post by jeff.stevens »

michael feist wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:18 pm "Just a local lad who likes making lists" was how I described myself when I put together my camera obscura archive when I worked for Foredown Tower. Lists of Camera Obscuras, Lists of Time Balls. Lists of Sundials. Lists of Eclipses seen, Lists of Eclipses clouded out, lists of comets seen, lists of birds seen, lists of wild orchids seen...A bit obsessive perhaps... Perhaps even Lists of Lists made. Order out of Chaos. Regards mike f.
As an aside, whilst not directly astronomy related, people's diaries and records have been of interest to me for a long time. I came across this rather interesting project last year, called the Great Diary Project. This organisation have been collecting unpublished diaries and documents to be retained in an archive. Seeing other people's notes and observations (astronomical and non-astronomical) is fascinating.

I only wished I'd started keeping a diary earlier in life. I was successful in managing to encourage my daughter to do this, and she has continued with keeping a diary for many years now. I hope that my daughter and son will retain my diaries on my passing (as I have done with my own mother's diaries), although I do quite like the idea of passing them onto a project such as this.

I will have a search of the archive, and see if there is anything astronomical related. Perhaps there's a great project that could be set up here - creating an archive of unpublished astronomical diaries - something for me to think on in retirement.

Best wishes, Jeff.