Hope orbiter reaches Mars

Hubble, probes to the planets etc

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

brian livesey

Hope orbiter reaches Mars

Post by brian livesey »

The United Arab Republic’s Hope probe has successfully entered into Mars orbit. The craft was jointly built at the University of Colorado and at the Space Centre at Dubai
Soon China’s Mars lander arrives at Mars. It will orbit Mars for three months before releasing its lander.
Last edited by brian livesey on Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
brian
Kay Burton

Re: Hope orbiter reaches Mars

Post by Kay Burton »

It is already very interesting to know the results of the first studies. Still, Mars is now the # 1 target. I am really looking forward to the results, because there were articles in which there were assumptions about the existence of bacteria, since there is water on Mars and presumably some microorganisms can exist.
brian livesey

Post by brian livesey »

The presence of water on Mars is only one factor needed to create and sustain life. If there are microorganisms, they might have been seeded by Earth.
brian
Charlotte Bridge

Post by Charlotte Bridge »

I am also looking forward to results of first research conducted on Mars. As we know, Preservance has already landed on Mars and there have been several drone launches. Let's hope this brings results and we learn more about our red neighbor. Moreover I also heard about the possible presence of bacteria on Mars and the threat to them if a person sets foot on Mars. After all, he will bring terrestrial microorganisms from our planet and the ability to distinguish what was already on Mars and what man brought will disappear