Opticron "Oasis" 8X24 binocular

The place to discuss telescopes, binoculars, CCDs and other equipment

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

brian livesey

Opticron "Oasis" 8X24 binocular

Post by brian livesey »

It's bargain basement week. I purchased this small binocular on a local flea market and it normally retails for around £200. The binocular is in mint condition and cost just £3.
It's possible that the inexperienced stallholder assumed that small binoculars are lower priced that bigger ones, while neglecting the quality factor. There was no case with the bins, but I'm not complaining :D . Even a small binocular has its uses for astronomy.
brian
skyhawk

Re: Opticron "Oasis" 8X24 binocular

Post by skyhawk »

Or they knew of a fault you have not seen and just wanted shot.

BUT I do find bargains where people have NO idea what they are selling orfor some reason have not bothered to use Google.

I am back into film photography and my last enlarger was an Agfa C66 and I wanted to re buy it for my new darkroom, see image, rarer than unicorns, it was advertised as being with an Agfa Magnolar 50mm lens worth £25 ish, it was on ebay starting at £50, I got it for £50, the DURST M605 which is what it is, re built for Agfa is £200+ as new on ebay and when I got home it had a mint Rodenstock Rodagon 50mm instead of the Agfa, £130 if lucky, therefore a £330 outfit for £50

Good luck, and that is why you should never hesitate if you KNOW your gear and see it, as you did BUY it, my son always has his phone when we are out if I see something he checks the price, years ago I missed a William Optics EZtouch mount on EQ5 legs for my scope £100, new £300, I learned the hard way, I went away to think, came back, lesson learned.

Dscn0589.jpg
Dscn0589.jpg (231.2 KiB) Viewed 769 times
Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others, D4s, D810,

For info, I am Autistic, Aspergers, ADHD, therefore if I come over as a little "short" on occasions it is not intended, thank you
David Frydman

Post by David Frydman »

The Oasis 8x24 binocular has a 30 year warranty and is made in Japan.

However, this might be 10 years for everything and 30 years for something.

If in any way faulty, Opticron has a very good after sales reputation.

Don't tell them how much you paid, Brian.

Regards,
David
skyhawk

Post by skyhawk »

I vouch for opticron as a company.

Two years ago I bought a pair, not the best £120, but perfect for me.

Why, well 8 years earlier I wrote to them saying that as a single father of three disabled sons I would appreciate it if they had a pair of pre owned/old/returns I could buy my sons and I would be happy to send proof of their disability.

THREE pair came in the post free and I don't mean old unusable rubbish, ok they were binocular types if you know what I mean, not the straight through ones, but they had been serviced and 100% perfect.

Come on, what a company, I offered to pay calling back but they insisted no.
Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others, D4s, D810,

For info, I am Autistic, Aspergers, ADHD, therefore if I come over as a little "short" on occasions it is not intended, thank you