binoviewers

The place to discuss telescopes, binoculars, CCDs and other equipment

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

skyhawk

binoviewers

Post by skyhawk »

I have w.o binoviewers, I also have binoculars which I have NO problem adjusting

Can anyone advise why it is that for some reason when I have 100% perfect focus on the left I am unable to get the right side to go "in" enough, it comes to the end of travel just mm from screwing down enough, help appreciated.
bv.jpg
bv.jpg (216.37 KiB) Viewed 2320 times
Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others, D4s, D810,

For info, I am Autistic, Aspergers, ADHD, therefore if I come over as a little "short" on occasions it is not intended, thank you
David Frydman

Re: binoviewers

Post by David Frydman »

Your eyes have different dioptre correction and/or the light path length can differ both sides depending on binoviewer design.
Beamsplitter?

It might work with a Barlow or different eyepieces.

Or possibly if you wear glasses, or take them off if you normally wear them.

Regards,
David
skyhawk

Post by skyhawk »

Forget it, I am a MORON, I didn't know you can adjust BOTH sides unlike binoculars
Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others, D4s, D810,

For info, I am Autistic, Aspergers, ADHD, therefore if I come over as a little "short" on occasions it is not intended, thank you
David Frydman

Post by David Frydman »

Many binoculars are independent eyepiece focus rather than centre focus.
Particularly military and marine ones.

Regards,
David