Viva Vicky

This is the place to discuss all things related to Vicky Duncalf’s Pop Astro Live shows, which are streamed via Facebook and YouTube.

Moderators: joe, Guy Fennimore, Brian

RMSteele

Viva Vicky

Post by RMSteele »

Friday evening on Youtube is the new Sky at Night. It's spontaneous, live and has its own inimitable presenter and "custom" backdrop just like the old program did. I watch every week. The guests are great sports to do their bit live and liable to be ambushed by Vicky's quizzes and challenges. Dr Tim Gregory was brilliant. Please invite him back to talk about space rocks or asteroids and do educational impressions of Mars landers! So, Thank You Vicky for putting up with the cold and discomfort to bring us such interest and lively entertainment. Kind thoughts, Bob
JohnM

Re: Viva Vicky

Post by JohnM »

Sounds like Vicky / SPA ought to invite Chris Lintott to speak. I see his online talk on Exo-planets has reached the limit of 500 attendees so that might be a good subject but perhaps better for a SPA Saturday meeting or the 2021 virtual convention !!! :wink:
Data Miner & Amateur Astronomer
VickyDuncalf

Post by VickyDuncalf »

Oh my gosh, that really is the kindest thing, I'm totally humbled, seriously. Just what I needed to hear today for a confidence boost, such kind words. See you on Friday ! X X X
RMSteele

Post by RMSteele »

Friday's show was a triumph. Wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Vicky has the Patrick Moore gift of carrying on commentating no matter what. Looking forward to next Friday. Regards Bob
RMSteele

Post by RMSteele »

Nice, fascinating mix of topics and news tonight with amateur home observatories, Eleni, anti-hydrogen and spaceflight. Thanks for an enjoyable snow-moon show and putting up with the cold again Vicky. Regards, Bob and Lesley
jeff.stevens

Post by jeff.stevens »

Vicky is doing a great job hosting Pop Astro Live. Great show again tonight. Looking forward to the next one.

Best wishes, Jeff.