Space Junk Is Our New Tragedy of the Commons

Astronomically-related chat

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

Cliff

Re: Space Junk Is Our New Tragedy of the Commons

Post by Cliff »

Brian
I half hope you are right. But now we have the internet and the "Extinction Mob" etc may get infiltrated by all sorts of foreign infiltrators. Although it might be happening already. But of course as you say this is not really an astronomical issue.
Best wishes from Cliff
brian livesey

Post by brian livesey »

Politics has everything to do with the state of our planet Cliff. Governments decide on what’s permitted and what isn’t. In many instances they encourage environmental problems. Look, for example, at the lavish government expenditure over the years to accommodate millions of polluting cars ( the electric car comes with its own environmental problems ).
Governments are responsible for space junk too, as they have the legal power to decide how space technology is to be used and to what extent.
brian
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Brian
Arguably the UK may well have been responsible for creating a lot of historical pollution but I gather we only account for hardly 0ne percent of the problems now. So we may well bust our country's economy whilst other nations might happily take over the world. However, perhaps things will be different when Greta becomes the World President. Although I don't think she will be getting my vote.
Best wishes from Cliff
brian livesey

Post by brian livesey »

:lol:
brian