new scope and camera troubles ???

For those interested in imaging and image processing with DSLR, CCD, webcam or film.

Moderators: Guy Fennimore, joe, Brian

astroeddie

new scope and camera troubles ???

Post by astroeddie »

Hi guys,
Back in the loop with my new Celestron CPC 925 sct, I 've bought with it a new neximage 10 camera to run on my windows 10 laptop, but, no sign of it using either Icap, Sharpcap or Amcap. Sharpcap gives ne a black screen even when I point the camera at a street light in the distance ??

Any clues would be gladly accepted here, haha

yours Eddie H
20x80 bins
127 SW Mk
Usual odds an sods
Brian

Re: new scope and camera troubles ???

Post by Brian »

Hi Eddie, Welcome Back! Thought we had lost you :lol:

Nice camera if you can get it working :) . It does seem t have some probems with W10. I read that you need to install the drivers before you plug in the camera for the first time. If you have already installed the camera drivers after plugging in the camera you probably need to use device manager to remove those drivers. Then reinstall software/drivers , then plug in the camera.

HTH and regards,
Brian
52.3N 0.6W
Wellingborough UK.

254mm LX90 on Superwedge, WO ZS66SD, Helios 102mm f5 on EQ1, Hunter 11x80, Pentax 10x50
ASI120MC Toucam Pros 740k/840k/900nc mono, Pentax K110D
Ro-Ro roof shed
astroeddie

Post by astroeddie »

I've tried re installing a number of times ' all with no joy ???

Yours Eddie
20x80 bins
127 SW Mk
Usual odds an sods
Brian

Post by Brian »

Hi Eddie. Thats a bummer!

Have you seen this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxlyMZvZQqM

regards,
Brian
52.3N 0.6W
Wellingborough UK.

254mm LX90 on Superwedge, WO ZS66SD, Helios 102mm f5 on EQ1, Hunter 11x80, Pentax 10x50
Ro-Ro roof shed
Kay Burton

Post by Kay Burton »

I also have a similar problem, but it's more from the laptop side. I had to urgently buy a new one, and at the moment I could only afford a budget option. I took HP for $ 500, of course not God knows what kind of investment, but for the first time it will do. So, I think that the problem may be in performance. Can you tell me? The parameters of my laptop are here https://homemakerguide.com/best-gaming- ... under-600/, its description is the very first.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Hello Kay.

In my opinion that HP laptop should perform well enough in imaging. Depending on how much imaging you do, you might find that more storage is useful - maybe a 1TB USB hard drive. I guess most people doing imaging and processing on the same computer would go for a quad-core processor, but i have to say that I do my imaging on an 15-year-old Acer laptop with 1Gb RAM, single core AMD processor and XP OS. I do my processing on a 9 year-old Advent PC with quad-core Intel processor, 8Gb RAM, 2TB hard drive and Windows 7 operating system.

I admit that I have purposely avoided Win 10 operating system because of the problems that are reported with Astro software , especially older software that imagers still use. You don't say what imaging equipment and software you are using. Are you trying for DSOs or Lunar/solar/planetary targets? Some of your problems could well begin with W10.

regards,
Brian
52.3N 0.6W
Wellingborough UK.

Ro-Ro roof shed