Rockets and satellites

A place to post details relating to artificial satellite observations

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

brian livesey

Rockets and satellites

Post by brian livesey »

The news agency Tass said that Russia is planning to design and build rockets capable of carrying payloads of two-hundred tonnes. While China is to built its fifth rocket launch site, including a section of a command centre and assembly testing facility.
The new launch site will be in Xiangshan, close to Ningbo city. The site is at a favourable launch latitude comparable to Cape Canaveral. China predicts that in five to ten years there will be “massive constellations of commercial satellites” - REUTERS.
brian
Cooper458

Re: Rockets and satellites

Post by Cooper458 »

I don't believe that Russia can build such a rocket. They plan a lot of things but can implement only a few of them.
Charlotte Bridge

Post by Charlotte Bridge »

I also doubt in success of Russia in what they promise to do in space :twisted: I believe more in success of China as they have already proved their
serious intentions with their Zhurong rover which touched Martian soil. China is the second country after the US to drive a rover on Mars successfully. Also I believe in young rocket companies like space company in Scotland. Their CEO, Volodymyr Levykin said that Skyrora aims not only to conduct efficient launches from U.K. soil in the most environmentally friendly way, but then also to ensure that each single launch mission has the possibility of conducting the level of work that would have historically taken multiple launches. 8)
brian livesey

Post by brian livesey »

China's Mars lander-rover was made in collaboration with Nasa.
brian
Charlotte Bridge

Post by Charlotte Bridge »

Yep and that is great I guees! Tianwen-1 is China's first mission to Mars. It is an attempt to observe the planet from orbit and from the ground all in one go. It follows China's successful landingon farside of Earth's moon — colloquially called the "dark side" because it's the side we cannot see — in January 2019. The mission has been described as ambitious, not least for its including an orbiter and a Mars rover, but also because it took China a mere six years from the initial planning and mission design to the launch.