Another "Sunspot" - 19th November

Photos, sketches and other images by SPA members

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

Cliff

Another "Sunspot" - 19th November

Post by Cliff »

Surprise, Surprise !
a few days have passed since I last observed & imaged the Sun. Nice to see quite a reasonable Sunspot with penumbra this afternoon. It is a fair way onto the visible disk already. So far I have not been able to relate it to any Sunspots that might(?) have travelled round the back-side of the Sun
Image now attached.
from Cliff
Attachments
zybSun20201119_1430UTmeredith_19R.jpg
zybSun20201119_1430UTmeredith_19R.jpg (88.7 KiB) Viewed 37 times
jeff.stevens

Re: Another "Sunspot" - 19th November

Post by jeff.stevens »

Cliff, it’s great to see your white light image of this particular sunspot. I haven’t observed the sun telescopically for a long time.

Come to think of it, November seems to have been especially grim weather wise, and I haven’t even seen much of it at all.

Best wishes, Jeff.
RMSteele

Post by RMSteele »

The Sun seems to be waking up Cliff, I counted 6 spots in two group at noon today (22/11), the large single one in your image, a new one foreshortened on the limb just coming into view, and four faint ones on the northern hemisphere in what looked like a group of two twins with a couple of odd little smudgy specks nearby. Regards, Bob
michael feist

Post by michael feist »

Just now I Used my now spare Acuter spotter with x15 magnification to project a Solar Image, through a thin bit of cloud and the window glass onto a sheet of paper as the Sun partly emerges before it disappearing again! A real sunspot...reminded me of the last time a saw a spot on the Sun...during the Mercury transit, when it WAS Mercury. 22ndNov. MMXX.
RMSteele

Post by RMSteele »

Cliff, have a look today if you can. Theres a new larger spot on the limb that looks like it might be showing the Wilson Effect - and more spots mid-disc. Bob