Popular Astronomy Magazine
Popular Astronomy is the bright, informative magazine sent to SPA members in January, March, May, July, September and November. Every issue is packed with articles and features and photographs, many in colour, about all aspects of astronomy. The text is written in a clear and readable style and will appeal to beginners and more experienced amateurs alike.
DOWNLOAD A sample issue of Popular Astronomy magazine Warning large PDF file (8MB)
As well as main features covering professional and amateur research, regular features include...
- AstroNews - updates on some of the most interesting current developments in professional astronomy.
- Amateur Scene - a fascinating look round around local astronomical societies.
- Telescope Topics - practical advice on choosing and using, observing and imaging equipment.
- Space Exploration - latest news on space probes and missions.
- Young Stargazers - a special section for our younger members.
- Deep Sky Notes - surveying the season's deep celestial sights.
- Sky Diary - what's happening in the sky in the coming weeks.
- Section Reports – the very latest observations from our sections
- Also, readers' letters, book and product reviews, society news, competitions and more.
If you have books or other publications for review, please contact Peter Grego
If you would like to submit material for publication in the magazine, please read the Popular Astronomy writers' guide.